After many years of service on the road - my DELL Latitude D610 is a bit worn out. After replacing a hinge, a glimpse how it looks now.
After many years of abuse in heat, dust and cold;
A few signs of severe wear:
- Hole in the touch pad - yes it still works amazingly
- Two keys sacrificed to replace the D and E key mechanism
- The left hinge replaced
- DVD - RW drive doesn't work anymore
- Plastic coating worn off
And best of all - it still works after a fall from a table, splashed with watter and months of +40 degrees Celsius in dusty environment.
The DELL Latitude D610 specs:
- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 Genuine Intel ~2128 Mhz
- Total Physical Memory 2.048,00 MB
- Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300
- Screen Resolution 1400 x 1050 x 60 hertz
- Network card Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
- Disk 120 Gb - Western Digital - WDC WD1200BEVE-00WZT0
This business laptop is more than enough for internet surfing and all sorts of experimentation. Good value for money are D610's with 2.13 Ghz, 2 Gb RAM with screen-size of 1400 x 1050:
Best to buy them with an extra battery and charger.